Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Believe

Okay, this is something I struggled with big time. I just talked about reading the Bible then you can know all this stuff and it's all good right? Wrong. Knowing is great, but I discovered knowing is nothing if you don't believe. What the heck do I mean? Well, I'll give you an example:

God loves you, you can talk to Him anytime you want and you can always turn to Him. Great, you know that. You know God loves you. You know you can talk to Him anytime about anything. You know that He is always there for you. You know, you know, you know... Awesome. Now, do you believe that?

I hope it makes a bit more sense now. I struggled a ton with this. I grew up in church and I know a whole lot, but it doesn't matter how long I've gone to church or anything like that. Believing is all in you. Either you believe it or you don't.

Next, you may be thinking I know this stuff, why do I have to believe it? You have to believe. I'll show you an example of when it might matter and because I'm a girl I'm thinking of something that applies to girls, so sorry guys, but:

You are a beautiful child of God. You know that. Do you believe that? It matters if you believe that, it really truly does. God made you just the way you are and you are His masterpiece and you are beautiful no matter what you look like. You need to believe that and not just know it because it'll change the way you think about yourself. It effects you.

So do you believe?

No comments: