Friday, July 4, 2008

Water

This morning I was getting ready for the day and I began to wash my hands. This is a simple thing we all do everyday, but today I took my time. I let the water gush between my fingers and flow over my palms. Then, I began to think, maybe we should all just slow down and enjoy the things God made for us, like the water and as I kept rinsing my hands I realized God was going to teach me something through WASHING MY HANDS! It was very cool and this is what I learned:

In a way, the water was just like Jesus. The water washes us clean and it feels good. The water doesn't just wash our hands but our whole body. It's called a shower and I hope you take one. In the same way, I hope you let Jesus cleanse you inside and out. It also makes you feel good and even better than just water.

Jesus must have known this for two reasons: Jesus knows everything. Also, in the Bible, Jesus refers Himself to the Living Water. John 4:10 "Jesus answered, 'If you knew the generosity of God and who I am, you would be asking me for a drink, and I would give you fresh, living water.'"

By "living water" He was meaning Himself and salvation, and that she would never need anything else but Him. The same is true in our lives today, all we need is Him... So I strongly encourage you to go wash your hands. :)

1 comment:

Alec Warn said...

Jesus' cleansing is AMAZING.
NOTHING like it.