Thursday, June 26, 2008

First Post.

This is my first post, so have mercy on me. I grew up in church and accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior when I was very little. That means that I decided to hand my life over to God and let Him do with me as He chooses because I know He loves me and I trust Him. I was your average luke-warm Christian. I went on all the mission trips and to all the camps and came back the same. Not until recently did I learn the power and love and grace of God Almighty. He's changed me and I'll never be the same.

The most recent lesson he has taught me is to be joyful. That doesn't mean slap on a smile and keep walking, it means I needed to give all my troubles up to God and just know that He will take care of me. You know what that means? I can just be joyful and have peace of mind. All I need to do is live for Him and He will take care of the miniscule things.

So I have to ask, have you traded your sorrows for joy?

4 comments:

Alec Warn said...

haha YES!!!! thats awesome ;].
and its just like the song "The Blessing" by john waller... i think it is. how it goes:

Cause blessings, and curses are CHOICES. Will we build up, or tear down? The moment of TRUTH is NOW.

We have the choice. TRADE IN THOSE SORROWS FOR JOYS! ahh i love it ;]

Haley Johnson said...

oh! you have a blog now! very very cool.

A. Lusey said...

yes i have a blog now! and expect many posts to come :)

A. Lusey said...

oh and alec deuteronomy 30:19